Sunday, September 13, 2009

The New Weekly Song!... O ya and the blog thing

Sunday at 11:00am, the usual time to be doing your weekend homework. Except today I am very dedicated to getting it all done as soon as possible because I have a concert to go to tonight. So Mr. Burke, if I'm falling asleep in class tomorrow, it's because I'll be up late tonight. wahoo.

This week we spent some time disucssing the "4 philisophical problems". The first one, knowledge, is something the really got me thinking. How do we really know anything at all? Everything we know or everything we think we know was all made up by someone else, so how do we even know what anything really is. The fact that 2 + 2 = 4 is a universally accepted fact, but who made this up and decided it? More importantly, why did everyone else accept this fact? Numbers, words, objects, colors, names - they're all things other people came up with that became a universally accepted fact. If I got enough people to accept the fact that a color "X" was really in fact a color that needs to now be called "Flambooola", it could eventually become a real color. Everything we learn and everything we know is conditioned into us from a young age. Everything we know is technically someone else's words and ideas. Though we have our own opinions, the words and objects and colors we think of when we come up with our own opinions is someone else's idea.

It's a weird concept to think about, but that is the topic this week that really got me thinking the most. So anyways, now I must go start reading Oedipus now so I can go visit my friend in the hospital later. We are going to watch the 49ers game. wahoo, go niners!

Also, I'm not sure how to post music on this so I'll just post the youtube link to the songs. They really don't have any relevance to what my rant was about this week, but I get kind of obsesssed with like different songs every week so here are some good ones from the movie, (500) Days of Summer - btw, awesome movie.
Just another randomly good song of the week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNzeOL-xdEI

Now, to Oedipus!

No comments:

Post a Comment