Sunday, January 24, 2010

Be stupid, dumb, and crazy, but most of all have fun



Carpe Diem, or "seize the day", is a phrase I truly take to heart, as do a lot of people. When you're around friends and family who have lost a beloved friend or family member, it makes you truly realize how short life is. Yes we all have responsibilities in life, but it's my belief that one of these is to make the most you can out of your life. If you never try to do something new, crazy, or daring then you are not living up to your potential. Making life exciting is one of our duties and it's important that we do so. Go sky diving, travel, help the less fortunate, do whatever gets you excited because one day you will not be able to do those things and you'll spend the rest of your life wondering "what if?"

That is why when I am presented with new and crazy things, I usually try and do them. Throughout my life I have been the "daredevil" in my family and I have never once regretted it because I believe that it makes my life that much more exciting. I've done fun things helping the less fortunate, gone rock climbing, was the first one in my family to try snowboarding and surfing, I've tried paint balling, and I've traveled the country playing in lacrosse tournaments. All of these aren't life-threatening activities, but they are activities that are exciting and that I will never regret doing. Yes, these sorts of things carry risks with them, but it doesn't take away from how fun they are.

Making the most out of your life is something that everyone should try and do. I know that I will continue to do things that get me excited throughout my life because I enjoy trying new things. The question is, would you want spend your life saying "that was stupid, fun, crazy, and awesome," or "what if I had done that?"

No comments:

Post a Comment