Monday, November 23, 2009

The Double S: Seniors and Siddartha


Today we are to being a book entitled Siddartha. From what I understand the book to be about, it will have to do a lot with what we, as seniors, are going through. I haven't started the book yet, but by hearing Mr. Burke give an overview of the story, I can see how high school seniors are easily able to relate to the story.

As seniors, it's a known fact that we are ready to graduate. It's no secret that since after day #2 of school, we were ready for graduation to come and for school to end. We love our teachers, our families, and our friends, but we all know that at this point in our life, it's time for us to move on. Siddartha, like many seniors, chooses to experience life for himself and goes on a journey of his own. Seniors are like Siddartha, because just like him, we are ready to experience life for ourselves. Sometimes it's what our parents want and other times it isn't, but at this point in our life it really isn't up to what our parents want anymore. It's time for us to make our own choices and to fail or succeed on our own. If we aren't able to do that, then it will be impossible for us to learn things on our own.

I appreciate everything that my teachers and family has done for me throughout the years and it's not a negative thing when I say, "I'm ready to move on and get out of here." It's just that at this point in my life I feel that the right thing to do is to go experience life for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment