Sunday, August 23, 2009

First Weekly Blog

This year I am a senior and though I am very excited for school to just end so I can go off to college, I am also hesitant to leave because to be honest, I am afraid. I feel that my feelings of wanting to leave, but as of right now not being able to leave, connects a lot to what Paul Berlin went through in the book, Going After Cacciato. Paul Berlin wanted to leave the war but couldn't, so he imagined what it would have been like if he had. As much as I just want to leave high school right now, I know I can't because for one, I don't have my high school diploma and that would create many problems for me, and two, because right now I'm not ready. As we get closer to the end of the school year I have no doubt that I'll be ready to leave, but right now I'm not prepared to leave, just as Paul Berlin wasn't ready to leave either. Paul Berlin and I both lack the courage we need to leave, but soon in the future I know I will and I think he will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment